All that one needs to know about Ornidazole
It is a wise idea to be aware of the information regarding the medicines which we pop into our mouths every now and then whenever faced with conditions regarding health. The main point to note is that any drug should not be consumed without a prescription. Self medication is not always a good idea. Ornidazole belongs to the generic Ornizadole and is available under diverse brand names like Orizole, Oflict-OZ, Oflem, Svoflox, Levomac, Levogyl, and much more.
The drug is mostly used for the treatment of the protozoan disease or infections. It is an antibiotic. It is highly recommended for the treatment of Crohn’s Disease after the resection of the bowel. It is also used for the infections which crop up during the surgical procedures. It can be used for the treatment of the bacterial infections.
Uses of the drug:
- It is highly used for the treatment of the bacterial infections. The doctor’s prescription is however necessary to buy the drug form the medical corner.
- It is also very useful for the treatment of dysentery.
- It can be recommended by the doctors for the treatment of the Crohn’s disease.
- The medicine is also very useful for the treatment of the protozoan infections.
- During surgical procedures complications and infections often crop up. The medicine can be highly useful to cut down the bad effect of such factors.
- For bowel irregularities also, the drug is often prescribed by the doctor.
- It can be taken as a tablet. It is mainly consumed for amoebic dysentery. Generally prescribed for 3 days but the prescription of the doctor may vary as per the intensity of the problem.
- It is also given as an intravenous liquid with the infusion of .5g to 1g followed by .5 g every 12 hours as per the prescription.
- It varies according to the problem. However, it can be taken as a single 25mg dose for 3 days.
- For intravenous, the dosage depends upon the weight of the kid. It will vary between 10-30 mg for the infusion.
- Sleepiness and dizziness are the most common reactions of the drug which has been recorded the highest in the medical history.
- There may be development of the skin reaction after the consumption of the medicine.
- Headache is also a common side effect.
- The taste of the user may change and he or she may notice an abnormal taste for things.
- Nausea, tremors, and vomiting are also associated side effects of the drug which is noticed by the users. The users can consult the doctor if they experience such issues and take forward the treatment after the physician’s advice.
- Vertigo and tiredness are also reported by few of the patients after the consumption of the drug.
- Numbness and tingling in the feet and toes are also reported as a result of the consumption of the drug.
- Warfarin can interact with the medicine.
- Other medicine which can also interact with the drug is Vecuronium Bromide.
- There are certain precautions which the user should exercise while consuming the drug. Acquaint the doctor with the list of medications or other medical products which they consume. This is an important exercise as the drug has the potency to interfere with other medicines thereby reducing the effect of both of the drugs.
- After consuming the medicine, it is recommended not to drive or operate any other heavy machinery.
- Take the whole tablet with water.
- It should not be consumed on an empty stomach.
- The course of the drug should be completed even if the symptoms of the issue have vanished. It is essential to finish the course of the medicine.
- If the user is hypersensitive to the drug, then it should not be taken.
- Epilepsy patients should consume the drug.
- Pregnant ladies can have the medicine only under the expert guidance as it is not recommended for the pregnant ladies.